Monday, May 9, 2011

PSA Reflection

When I learned that we were going to be doing a project on a mock Ad council public service announcement I was pretty excited to be able to do a project on an important subject that related to me. When looking on the Ad Council website I immediately knew that I wanted to do a project on “Youth Reckless Driving”. It was a subject that I could relate to, as I know a lot of people who drive in such a manner, and one of my friends from middle school was killed on Highway 84 last year while out on a drive in his dads BMW. The text only ad was pretty easy for me. I immediately knew that I wanted to make a fake speed limit sign with “kills” in replace of the “limit” and the actual number of deaths instead of “65”. And for the other three pictures I knew I could have some fun with them. For the first picture I drive down to the Burlingame Police Department and asked the sergeant on duty if I could take a picture of myself pulled over in my own car, with his car and lights going in the background. He, being a Serra graduate, was extremely willing and helpful. This was by far my favorite picture, as I think the emotion is right on, and I’ve even had several people think that it was actually real. For my next picture I took a shot of the gauge cluster for a 2011 BMW M3. It’s a very aggressive, technical dash so I wrote the text, “Tempted? … Take it to the Track.” And for my last photo I just had a little fun kicking up some dust in my 1986 Mustang GT; while probably driving a little too recklessly myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment